Tremend, one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the region in Deloitte and Financial Times...Read More
You are here
Tremend's Ultimate Hackathon Challenge came to an end. A 24 hours ride, powered by the boosters of choice (caffeine, smoothies, RedBull), beers, burgers, Chinese takeout and delicious midnight cookies (thank you Happy Friday). Seven teams that got to see their ideas come to life.
Curious to see what happened?
- Well, we started the day with some power boosters: smoothies, Starbucks and healthy potions:
- We worked hard
- Really hard...
- Really, really hard
- Maximum concentration
- We didn't closed an eye all night
- OK, well probably one of us did...One. Or two
- Coding through the night. We resisted heroically
- French breakfast came to the rescue
- Of course, coding and preparing the presentation was done till last moments
Meet the hackerz. The winner projects
Seven teams lined up with ideas. Selecting the winning team always comes hard with good ideas and good projects. We relied on our friends and clients:
- Andreea Georgescu - Founder of Webspire
- Emanoil Draganescu - Founder of Hubo
- Alexandru Pintilie - Founder of Pint.ro
And the winners are:
- 3rd Place: the Captured team with a budget friendly alternative to 3D scanners. A Raspberry Pi Camera, a line-laser, a Raspberry Pi for processing, a web page for user interaction and, of course, algorithms to create the 3D model.
- 2nd Place: the Poets of the Code with the Fridge Brother app. Their project is a quick solution to have an updated list of the products in your fridge. Take pictures of the food in the refrigerator, the phone would detect and update your list.
- The winners: Queen Julien and the Penguins of Hackathon with their GoDrumming project - a fun and cool app that turns your mobile phone into drumsticks, and allows you to discover your hidden musical talents.
- We have some special mentions for all the teams that entered our Ultimate Hackathon Challenge. There was team Dirty Dozen, that created an app that recognizes a person's mood, using surveillance cameras, and based on detected emotion, it starts a certain action (like playing a video, or a song).
- H-thread developed a foosball table automatic scoring solution with a dedicated Android app, using luminosity sensors, a Raspberry Pi server, an Apache Tomcat server, smart lighting bulbs and LED displays.
- Team Toxic Monkeys created a Smart Mirror that can access and display various info (like the weather forecast, or Flickr images), or it can play YouTube videos and set your alarm clock, through voice commands.
- Last, but not least, team V01D SC4V3NG3R5 developed a web and a mobile app for collecting data from the environment, that shows you the info in real time. It also generates music based on the read values.
At the end, all the participants got rewarded for their efforts with some cool prizes:
The Grand prize:
- Pebble Time Round Smartwatches
- 2nd place prizes: Sennheiser headphones
- 3rd place prizes: Logitech wireless speakers
We also had some funky consolation prizes: funny portable speakers. Wrapping it up for this edition All in all, it worth every waking hour. The teams that didn't win this year have already made a promise that they will return with more ideas and energy, and they will own the competition. So we're looking forward to the 2017 edition! Till then, check out our photo gallery below, and also our Facebook Page for more pics from the Ultimate Hackathon Challenge.
Tremend was selected by the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and...Read More
Tremend, a dynamic software company entering four times in a row the FT1000 ranking of the...Read More